Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday Comics Thanks All Who Contributed to Our Raffle to Benefit AFSP

This past Saturday, at S.P.A.C.E., I organized a raffle at the Sunday Comix table raffle to raise money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
The prize was a basket overflowing with comics and other items generously donated by exhibitors at the show. Selling tickets for $2, or 12 for $10, we were able to raise $168. To that, I added $32 out of my own pocket to make a donation of $200 to AFSP in memory of my nephew Steve Pisarchick, who took his own life in December of 2008.
I would like to thank everyone at the show who donated comics, all those who bought tickets, and, most of all, my fellow members of Sunday Comix, especially Canada Keck and Max Ink, for all their help and support. I could not have pulled this off without it.
You can find more information about the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and make a donation on-line, at afsp.org.
_

No comments:

Post a Comment